“As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father’s commands and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete. (John 15:9-11)
The dream of the follower of Christ is to know the unspeakable joy that he promises to be complete. In response to our tendency to seek joy in the world, Leonard Ravenhill provides the road map to help us arrive at our desired objective:
The way to enjoy indestructible peace and joy is to determine:
- To do whatever God commands, however difficult.
- To endure whatever God appoints, however severe.
- To obtain whatever God promises, however seemingly unattainable.
- To die daily, however costly the crucifixion.
- To love my enemies however misunderstood in this.
- To pray without ceasing, and in everything give thanks.